Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Accessory Junkie

There is no such thing as too many headbands, just as there is no such thing as too much caffine. Headbands are everywhere this season and I just can't seem to get enough. The running count is now at 12 ( !) and I dont know when this addictive behavior will stop and I am reluctant to go cold turkey on the habit. Headbands of all styles, widths, and material can be seen everywhere but my favorites I have picked up have been from nordstrom and urban outfitters. Just yesterday I added two more headbands to my collection; one white, one black, both skinny, velvet and accented with a dainty bow to the side. This style of headband is perfect for my new intern ballerina bun 'do and will help keep my angel hair fly-aways out of my face as I concentrate very earnestly on my research project. I have also seen belted style bands, which if found in patent brown leather ( think the new patent leather coach bag in chocolate), could be the final addition to my growing collection. Or maybe not.





As I was musing on the topic of headbands with my younger sister, a bright idea sprang into my little blonde head. I was commenting on a headband I saw Britney Spears wearing during her much publicized outings with Paris Hilton; a black band with an oval of diamonds placed at the side. I wondered outloud if I could manage to make one similar, seeing as I could not find one online, though I had searched and searched. As I looked online I remembered an old wrap skirt I had bought a winter ago that had been accented with a broach, so I headed to my closet, threw clothes over head and finally found it! I pinned it onto an old fabric headband and voila! A new chic headband perfect for the holidays! My little sister graciously posed as my model ( best hair class of 2007..beaming with pride of course.) and as you can see, with little material and a bit of imagination, one can make a big style impact.

No comments: